Monday, August 20, 2012

Reflections on week 1

1. The only factors that i can think of that may affect my participation in this class would definitely be not having a smart phone. i would probably be posting more things on my blog if i had a smart phone to look back on my blog during class. I tend to press hard when i write, which causes me to quit writing quickly, or i try and jam all my thoughts onto one line really quick and it ends up looking like chicken scratch. I also have a lot of activities after school but i don't see them being a huge problem just because i get out so early. The only other factor i see is my procrastination problem. I can always work on that though. I'm just stuck in summer mode still and after being in surgery and on meds all weekend, i feel very lazy.

2. The best learning experience I've ever been through is hands down coaching soccer. I learn something new every practice with every team i coach. I started with a small U6 girls team and they kicked my butt. I learned patience and how i need to word things to them. I've been able to move up in age groups and i had the experience to coach a U10 co-ed team but i really enjoyed the younger teams because the feeling of teaching them something new really hits that place in my heart and makes me feel great. Each practice is like the first practice to me. I want to teach them something new, whether it's just learning to kick the ball or running a new drill. Those days that it takes me a little bit longer to teach them a concept only benefits me because then i know what to do different and how to express that to my little guys. Coaching not only taught me more about my self but its made me respect my teachers and coaches more because i see how tough it is and how much effort goes into teaching younger and less educated students and players.

3. I'm most excited to be introduced to new ideas and different views on life and everything about it. I want to learn to not be afraid of new challenges and just accept that life is going to throw them at me. I'm most concerned that i won't grasp the new ideas and views on everything as quick as everyone else. I am good friends with many of my classmates but that can be kind of embarrassing when you're the only one behind. Yet, I am very excited about this year and can't wait to see what's next.

No comments:

Post a Comment